Upcoming Important Dates
- Oct. 17th – Poinsettias and Purdie’s Launch
- Oct. 20th – Great BC Shakeout
- Oct. 21st – Pro D Day – No school in session
- Oct. 26th – UVIC and Camosun Parent Info Evening
- Oct. 27th – Photo retake day/ISP- Leadership Pumpkin Carving
- Oct. 31st-Nov 4th – Grad Assessments – Spirit Week
Dear Belmont Students and Families,
We hope that everyone has been enjoying our sunny fall! We would like to acknowledge the incredibly hard-working staff and kind students who make our school a wonderful place to be! Please see our most recent Belmont Bulletin for recent news and upcoming events. We value student success and are hoping you will partner with us in reinforcing a few key messages to ensure that all students are reaching their potential:
- We ask that parents do not contact students during class time unless it is an emergency. During instruction, we encourage students to keep cellphones in their locker or backpack so that they can be fully attentive to their schoolwork. Our front office is always available during school hours and can contact your child in class if you need to urgently reach them.
- Student employment can be an important part of a young person’s learning and growth. However, after school jobs need to be balanced with schoolwork. Students should ensure that they are scheduling work shifts well after the school day has ended, as we need students to be in attendance until the end of the day. We also encourage students and families to continue discussing how to strike the right balance between personal wellness, homework and commitments outside of school.
- Please note that we are a scent-free environment. Perfumes and other fragrances can trigger asthma attacks and allergies in other individuals.
- Now that we are well over a quarter of the way through semester 1, students should have a clear idea of how they are progressing in their courses and a sense of how they can meet their learning goals. If they have any questions, we encourage them to connect with their teachers. Parents also do not need to wait for report cards or learning conferences to check on progress – please reach out to teachers for updates as needed.
It has been a wonderful start to a ‘normal’ year! We look forward to continuing to work with you in keeping our community strong.
Your Team at Belmont
UVIC & Camosun College Info. Night Oct. 26th in the Belmont Theatre from 6:00-7:00 pm. Join us in the Learning Commons for our Parent/Guardian Student Information Evening.
If your student had their photos taken, during school photo day on Sept. 15th, proofs have been delivered to their A block teacher. Please check with your student to see if they have received them. You can order through the information received with the proof or online at mylifetouch.ca using your student ID # and process payment through Lifetouch. Please note that Photo Retake Day is October 27th, 2022.
We’ve launched our Purdie’s Fundraiser in our quest to help our students raise money for spring travel!
All orders are due by Friday, Nov. 18. Orders must be picked up (and delivered to customers) on Friday, Dec. 2.
If you click Fall Fundraising and scroll down, you will find instructions to participate in this simple and popular fundraiser.
Thanks for the support 😊