- March 18 – Last Day of school before Spring Break
- March 21-April 1 – Spring Break
- April 4 – Welcome Back!
- April 6 – Track & Field Competition #1 @ UVIC
- April 7 – Early Dismissal at 12:05pm
- April 7 – Learning Conferences on MS Teams, 2-4pm and 5-7pm
- April 12 – PAC Mtg. 7pm
- April 8 – Pro-D (students not in session)
- April 13 – VI Concert Band Festival
- April 14 – Report Cards Published
- April 15 – Stat – Good Friday
- April 18 – Stat – Easter Monday
- April 26- West Coast Jazz Festival
Learning Conferences – April 7th (on MS Teams)
Dear Belmont Families,
While we encourage you to connect with your child’s teachers at any point in the year, we have set aside Thursday, April 7th for dedicated semester 2 learning conferences.
To book an appointment, please go to link provided The MS Bookings site is now open for you to book a virtual conference with your child’s teachers. We will keep the booking system open until Wednesday, April 6th at 12:00 pm. Interviews will be held on Thursday, April 7th from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm & 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. If you prefer a phone call or in person meeting to online, please contact your child’s teacher.
To book an appointment, please go to link provided below at
If you are unable to book online, please call our front office at 250-478-5501 beginning April 7th at 9:00 am. If you are unable to book an appointment with a teacher due to availability, please contact the teacher to set an alternate time. Teacher contacts can be found here
Schedule for Thursday, April 7th – Early Dismissal
- Block B – 9:00-9:40
- Block A – 9:45-10:25
- Break – 10:25-10:40
- Block D – 10:40-11:20
- Block C – 11:25-12:05
We are very excited that our Graduation events are back at their usual places this year and that guests will be permitted!
- May 26 – Commencement Rehearsal at UVIC Farquhar Theatre, buses leaving Belmont at 9am (for students in the 11am ceremony) and 10:30am (for students in the 3pm ceremony)
- June 12 – Commencement Ceremonies, UVIC Farquhar Theatre, at 11am and 3pm
- June 24 – Prom, at Crystal Gardens, 5:30-9:00pm (Will confirm at later date-Grad photo taken at Legislative Building front steps, 4:30-5:30pm)
Congratulations to Jacob V.L. who came in first place in all of Canada in the national student stock market challenge yesterday. A pretty cool accomplishment when he’s representing our school on the leaderboard and there’s over 1000 teams participating!
As well, congratulations to Jaiden B. who came in first place nationally for a period of time last semester.
Please congratulate Erin Y. (Gold) and Shiloh P. (Bronze) for doing an excellent job representing Belmont in the 2022 South Island Regional Skills BC – Hairdressing – competition 😊 Sarah T., Jack and Autumn R. also competed and placed well up in the field.
Congratulations to Miko competed at BC Skills Canada Welding at Camosun College and was successful in placing third in the region. This allowed him to collect his Bronze medal and other welding goodies.
Congratulations to all of our competitors, and a huge THANK YOU
to our school, district and college staff for another great year!
Careers and Trades
A lot is happening in the world of Careers and Trades. For information on the latest programs, jobs and other opportunities check out the Career Centre weebly http://bsscareercentre.weebly.com/
South Island Partnership: Youth Train In Trades
The Belmont Career Centre would like to congratulate Matthew B. (pictured below) and Caden A. on their tremendous success in the Electrical Foundations program at Camosun College. These young men spent 28 weeks of their grade 12 year at Camosun Interurban training to be Electricians. They have returned to Belmont this month as Level 1 Electrician Apprentice’s before graduating high school! It is a great achievement to complete this rigorous program at such a young age.
District Scholarships are open!
Check out the Belmont scholarship weebly: https://belmontscholarships.weebly.com/april.html
Join the District Scholarship Google classroom using the class code: 6n232hk
District/Authority Scholarships – 98 scholarships @ $1,250 each.
- Available to only sd62 grads
- Fine Arts – visual, drama, music, dance, performing arts/musical theater, media arts/film, creative writing
- Applied Design, Skills, and Technology – Business Ed, Technology Ed, Home Economics, Information Communication Technology, Media Arts, Tourism
- Physical Activity and Health – Athletics, Fitness, Outdoor Education, Dance, Gymnastics, not limited to Physical Education, sportsmanship, leadership, attitude, and dedication
- International Languages – must also include a video or audio
- Community Service – school and community volunteer, includes awareness of local, global and cultural issues
- Technical and Trades Training- Robotics, Coding, Carpentry, Automotive, Mechanics, Cook Training, Culinary Arts
- Indigenous Languages and Culture- demonstrated at school or in the community
Sooke School District Awards
Coast Capital Savings – Standing Tall Awards 2x$3500 awarded to students who have faced adversity, and plan to go to post-secondary
Monk Office Supply Scholarship – awarded to a student who displays good citizenship and social responsibility at school and in the community, and plans to enter the field of environmental studies.
Victor Chen Memorial – awards to a student planning to complete engineering, especially at BCIT or Camosun, with good grades, service within the school & community, and financial need.
Mosiac Forest Management Scholarship – awards to a student entering the field of forestry, fisheries or resource management.
Ron Warder Memorial Scholarship – awarded to a minimum C+ student who participated in clubs, school teams, and/or community activities and displayed dedication, leadership and a positive impact on the school/community through service.
Due April 14th, 2022 by noon
The season starts right after spring break. Games are mostly on Wednesdays or Fridays and practices are on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Check out the Athletics website at https://sites.google.com/sd62learns.org/belmont-athletics-page
Senior A Girls Soccer
Congratulations to the Senior A Girls Soccer team for defeating GNS on our home turf on March 15th!
Track & Field
Track and Field season is upon us. Any Belmont Bulldog interested in joining the track and field team, please contact Ms. Evans to sign up. Running practices are Monday and Wednesday. Throwing practices are at lunch on Tuesday and Thursdays. Saturday practices start after March break at Royal Bat Secondary. Competitions are at UVic’s centennial stadium.
- April 6 – Competition #1 @ UVIC
- April 13 – Competition #2 @ UVIC
- April 20 – Competition #3 @ UVIC
- April 27 – Competition #4 @ UVIC
- May 4 – Competition #5 @ UVIC
- May 11 – Lower Island Championships @ UVIC
- May 18 and 19 – Island Championships @ UVIC
Youth Group Loss & Grief Counselling Programs
Please see attached link for information on no cost Youth Group Loss and Grief Counselling programs.