- September 7 – First day of school for Grade 9s only. Half Day: 9am-12pm
- September 8 – First Day of School for all students. See school website/letter sent to families for details.
- September 16 – School Photo Day
- September 27 – Non-Instructional Day
- September 30 – National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
It was inspiring to see Belmont students and staff begin to return to school yesterday and today! The excitement among staff to welcome students into their classrooms was evident. We know that students are feeling a wide range of emotions as they return to full-time face to face learning, and we are here to support them. Please encourage your child to let their classroom teachers know how they are doing and what they need to make their learning as comfortable and effective as possible. We also encourage parents to connect with teachers early in the school year. All teacher emails can be found at this link.
The letter you received in August is posted on our website. Please refer to it as we move through the first week of classes. We will be following the times of our regular bell schedule beginning Wednesday, but will not begin rotating blocks until next week (block order will be A, B, C, D for the first week).
Keep watching the website, app, your email and this page for more school updates. Our goal will be to publish a fresh Belmont Bulletin every two weeks.
Parking Lot Reminders
· If the driver of a vehicle has a handicapped designation but does not need to leave their car as they wait for a student, please don’t park in the handicapped/accessible spots as those are used for students requiring the use of a wheelchair or crutches.
As we welcome students back, some reminders for families to consider in order to help ease traffic congestion:
· If you must drop your daughter or son off or pick them up from school, please arrange to have a meeting spot off campus. This will ease frustrations and congestion.
· Please do not stop at D wing or Zone 1 entry to let your child out as this causes back-up for other people entering the lot.
Safe and Healthy Schools Info
Please refer to the letter sent directly from the school district to families on August 26th . You can also find a summary of health and safety guidelines, including a video from our Superintendent at this link.
Please continue to complete the daily health checklist, do not send your child to school sick, and make sure that your child comes to school with a mask or two that they find comfortable as they are required while at school.
Belmont Scholarship Information
For information on Scholarships, please visit the Belmont Scholarship Weebly for support with scholarship deadlines, nomination and application forms, and important updates at https://belmontscholarships.weebly.com.
If you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact Mrs. Robertson via email, google meet or face-to-face appointment. Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grads of 2022, please make sure you are active in the Grad Google classroom. Important updates, nomination forms (for Belmont) and scholarships are posted regularly.
MyEdBC Parent Portal
Locker information will be sent out to families next. Students will be choosing their own lockers through a program and the link will be sent out to families with instructions on how to use the program once we complete the setup. You will also be able to access on our website.